Lightkeepers Inn Motel
Terms & conditions
We want everyone to have an enjoyable stay with us. By making a booking with Lightkeepers Inn Motel, you accept the following Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice.
1. Non-refundable bookings include same day booking multi-night Stay and Save
bookings made 48-hours before check-in date bookings made 7-days before check-in date (for peak periods only), and any other bookings advertised as a booking that has Booking Conditions that states it is a non-refundable booking.
2. Peak periods:
The peak periods will change slightly each year in accordance with calendar movements. The dates shown below are a general guide only and seasonal times should be confirmed with the motel when booking.
Peak: 21st Dec- 30 Jan, Easter, Labour Day weekend, Queen’s Birthday weekend, AFL Grand Final weekend and Melbourne Cup weekend, and special events.
3. All other bookings are Flexible bookings.
1. Payment can be made by Visa, Master Card, and electronic funds transfer (EFT). AMEX and Diners Card are NOT accepted. If paying by EFT, booking is not guaranteed until full payment is received. Due to COVID – 19, cash is not accepted from June 2020 for the foreseeable future.
2. Flexible bookings: Full amount will be taken 48 hours before check-in date. Please ensure that you have sufficient funds on your card to confirm the booking. Failure to secure payment may result in the booking being cancelled without notice.
3. Non-refundable bookings: Payment will be taken at time of booking or shortly afterwards without notice. Failure to secure payment may result in the booking being cancelled without notice.
4. Peak periods: Full amount will be taken 7 days before check-in date. Please ensure that you have sufficient funds in your card to secure the booking. Failure to secure payment may result in the booking being cancelled without notice.
5. Credit card surcharge for ONE transaction is built into the room rate. Surcharge will apply to other transactions, eg, incidental costs, split payment etc.
1. You must provide a credit card authorisation or imprint when checking-in.
2. A pre-authorisation amount of $250 is required for guests who use a Debit card.
3. If you do not have a credit card, a cash deposit of $250 is required on check-in as key deposit for cash/EFTPOS payment. This amount will be returned upon check-out after the room is inspected.
4. The authorisation and cash deposit amount may be used to cover incidental items including but not limited to security bond or deposit for any breakages or damage incurred during your stay, loss of income suffered by the motel and/or cleaning charges in excess of the normal level of cleaning.
1. Cancellations must be made by email to the motel.
2.Non-refundable bookings can be cancelled but NO REFUND will be made.
3. Flexible bookings: FREE cancellations up until 2 days before arrival. Cancellations within 48 hours will forfeit the full amount of the booking.
4. Peak periods: FREE cancellation up until 7 days before arrival. Cancellations within 7 days will forfeit the full amount of the booking.
5. Cancellation during the stay will not receive a refund.
6. Management reserves the right to refuse a refund.
1. Change of booking must be made by email to the motel.
2. All changes to bookings are subject to availability and any difference in rate will be applied. Where the room rate is less than that of the original booking, no refund will be given.
3. Flexible bookings: FREE booking change up until 2 days before arrival. Changes made within 48 hours will incur a cancellation fee equals to one night’s rate.
4. Peak periods: FREE booking change up until 7 days before arrival. Changes made within 7 days will incur a cancellation fee equals to one night’s rate.
5. No booking change is allowed for multi-night stay and save, non-refundable bookings and same day booking.
MINIMUM NIGHT STAYS:
1. At various times throughout the year, the motel requires a minimum number of nights to be booked, due to high demand, for example minimum 2-night stay. This will be clearly advertised at the time of booking.
2. Reduction in number of nights stay are not possible. Guests either pay the full value of the booking or completely cancel the booking subject to the cancellation policy above.
NO-SHOWS OR TERMINATIONS:
No refund will be given if a guest does not show up for their booking or terminate their booking early after they have checked in.
Australian Consumer Law states that a contract is frustrated when it is impossible to perform or carry out a contract due to events beyond all parties’ control. In such instances, full refund will be made on the payment that has already been made. However, the law may also entitle the operator to any reasonable expenses incurred before the customer cancelled.
A contract is not frustrated if the situation means that it is only inconvenient, difficult or expensive to carry out. In this case, a guest is not entitled to a refund. For example, a guest has made a booking at the motel to attend an event. One day before check-in, the event is cancelled due to bad weather, and the guest decides to cancel the accommodation booking as well. In this case, the contract is not frustrated as the cancellation of the event does not prevent the guest from staying at the motel. The motel’s cancellation policy applies.
Guests are strongly recommended that at the time of booking to purchase comprehensive travel insurance to cover items including but not limited to loss of booking amount through cancellation, loss or damage to personal baggage, loss of money and medical expenses.
1. Check in time is from 2pm on the day of arrival.
2. Check out time is 10am on the day of departure. Any late check-out without prior arrangement will incur a fee.
3. Early check-in and late check-out must be arranged 24 hours prior and are subject to availability. Fees may apply.
1. When checking in, the guest may be asked to produce photo identification and the credit card to confirm credentials.
2. If a guest is unable to provide such identification, the booking may be cancelled, and any pre-payment made in relation to the booking will be forfeit.
NUMBER OF GUESTS:
1. The number of guests staying in any room must not exceed the maximum number of occupancies for that room type.
2. Extra person is possible depending on the room type and is subject to availability. A fee will apply.
One complimentary car park is available for each room. Guests are responsible for the security of their car parked at the motel. Management does not accept liability for loss or damage to cars and their contents.
1. Gift vouchers are not refundable or redeemable for cash.
2. Gift vouchers are valid for 3 years from the date of issue (or any period prescribed by law).
3. Additional values cannot be added to an existing gift voucher.
4. Gift vouchers are to be treated like cash. If they are defaced, mutilated, altered, lost or stolen, they will not be replaced, refunded or redeemed.
CLEANING & DAMAGE:
1. Rooms must be left in a tidy manner and facilities in working order. If rooms are left excessively dirty and there is damage to the room and contents, a fee will be charged to the credit card commensurate to the extra time required to clean or to repair the damage and loss of income suffered by the motel.
2. All rooms are non-smoking. If guests have found to have smoked in the rooms, a fee will be charged to your credit card for cleaning to remove the smell and for any loss of income as a result of being unable to sell the room due to the smell.
The motel is not set up for pets.
BOOKINGS MADE VIA THIRD PARTIES:
All third-party bookings websites (eg. Booking.com) have their own cancellation policies. If a booking is made via a third party, the conditions of that booking entity will be adhered to. Please note that these may be different from the motel’s booking conditions.
By providing your email address, you agree to us sending you emails regarding updates and special promotional offers from time to time.
Questions? Visit our FAQ page, or call us on (03) 5289 6666.